This recipe was so delicious. The tart grapefruit with the sweet bourbon was perfect and the homemade ginger syrup (super easy, don’t be scared!) made it even better.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups bourbon
- Heat sugar, water, and ginger over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Remove ginger and discard.
- Combine ginger syrup, grapefruit juice, and lime juice.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice. Add 1/3 cup bourbon and 1/2 cup juice mixture to each glass. Serve immediately.