These tender Creamy Chicken Thighs are loaded with flavor! Spinach, roasted peppers, onions, Parmesan, and cream come together to create an absolutely scrumptious sauce.
- 2 lbs. skin-on chicken thighs (drumsticks or breasts work, too)
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers, cut into thin strips (see note)
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, and keep frying the chicken until cooked through. The cooking time with vary, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. To the same skillet, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft and golden in color. Add the red pepper flakes and roasted peppers, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the cream, and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach, and when it wilts down, add the Parmesan. Stir the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes, spooning the sauce over it. Remove the skillet from the heat. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.