You'll love this Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup packed with bacon, ham and cheese. Creamy soups like this are the perfect comfort food during long winters!
- 6 russet potatoes (about 7 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 16 oz diced ham
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of cream of celery soup (10.5 oz.)
- 1 can vegetable or chicken broth (14.5 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 16 oz bacon slices, cooked and crumbled into bits
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add onion, ham, cream of celery soup, vegetable or chicken broth, water, minced garlic and black pepper. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. You want the potatoes to be tender.
- An hour before you're ready to serve the soup, add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Whisk together flour and milk in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker.
- Garnish with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon bits. Enjoy!
- This Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup is hearty enough to stand alone as a main course for dinner. It goes great with a side salad and a few slices of your favorite bread. You can also top it with oyster crackers, saltines or large croutons.